Taralon Community, Happy Valley OR
PCD worked with D.R. Horton on a Major Master Plan and Planned Unit Development Amendment on the final three phases of Taralon Community, Happy Valley, OR.
- PCD’s team designed modifications to the plan to limit development impacts to existing wetland and open space while producing an economically viable project for our client.
- Plan modification to add approximately 25,000 square feet of open space and recreational amenities
- Addition to passive and active recreational park amenities for a range of age groups including half-size basketball court, dog park, climbing rocks, and creative play areas
- Modification to lot layouts and trail alignment that preserve character of natural resource areas and limit impact to natural wetlands
- Modified transportation network alignment and street cross sections to lessen impact to open space areas while enhancing pedestrian connections and character of the community
- Integrated green street elements, such as bioswales and recreational trails and pathways into transportation system
- Incorporation of grey water re-use into irrigation systems