Cedar Hills, Beaverton OR
PCD collaborated with Urban Form Development to develop a conceptual master plan for the redevelopment of the Cedar Hills Shopping Center in Beaverton, OR.
- PCD’s team was responsible for development of a conceptual master plan and land use entitlements to guide future development of the site and create a cohesive connection between the existing Cedar Hills community and the future development.
- Extensive coordination with City of Beaverton and agency stakeholders to ensure development is designed to provide save, convenient access through multiple modes of transportation and integration of regional and neighborhood pedestrian and bicycle routes and pathways, as well as upgrading Tri-met transit stops to collocate with pedestrian plazas and crossings.
- Annexation into City of Beaverton
- A transit-oriented design with multi-story residential and ground floor commercial space delivering shopping, dining, entertainment, and employment opportunities for residents of the development and surrounding community
- 509 multi-family residential units
- About 56,000 sf of retail area
- Preliminary design of underground parking and underground stormwater detention facility
- Landscape includes native plantings, hardscape, streetscape, fire pits, music venue opportunities, coffee house seating and outdoor dining areas in several on-structure urban courtyard space and play areas
- Enhancement to Tualatin Hills Parks & Recreational District (THPRD) regional trail system
- Pedestrian and bicycle connection to TriMet Sunset Transit Center
- Proposed design of future urban plaza for THPRD
- Enhanced bike connectivity through the development and with surrounding area
- Parking lot and vehicle circulation design that includes underground parking, anticipated loading zones for commercial use, and dedicated zones for ridesharing